In addition to competitive pay, health insurance, paid time off (PTO), and other benefits, AlphaTech, Inc. is an opportunity for creators to turn their passion into a career. We offer a small-shop format that allows for each employee’s career growth, opportunity for close-access to equipment, and hands-on learning for everything from shop work to computing. We also offer an apprenticeship program certified by the NC Department of Labor and the US Department of Labor that provides employment and teaching to those starting their machining careers. Our employees and leadership are inspired by creativity and eager to teach and work alongside others that are passionate about what we do!
AlphaTech is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. AlphaTech is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Please submit your resume through our contact us page for consideration. We hope to hear from you!
We are looking for career minded individuals ready to learn and be trained as CNC Operators.
Also, looking for competent CNC Operators to use computer numerically controlled (CNC) machinery safely and accurately to perform a variety of functions.
- Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, turning, milling etc.
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
- Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
- Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
- Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate large number of parts
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools – considered a plus
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings
- Computer savvy
- A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach
- Good communication abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent; certificate or diploma in engineering or relevant discipline considered a plus